livie's halloween party this week went like this:
•potty breaks •a runny nose that i thought was a halloween prank 'cause it was so big •trying to keep the attention of 20 little kids •reassuring them that they weren't going to be scared of the "phantom of the opera" who was bringing them their pizza...that he was just a silly man with owies on his face so he needed to wear a mask to cover them up •trying to fix masks that kept breaking •helping with the glue that wasn't sticking •trying to keep them from going outside 'cause the temperature had dropped 20 degrees that day •and making sure that all of them were eating their carrots & broccoli along with their pizza!
...but, boy did we have fun! livie was so excited about her party & so excited to show off "the phantom" (daddy) to all her friends.
my only wish was that i had more time to get more pictures. what kind of mother am i when i'm more concerned about hosting a party than taking memorable pictures that will last forever?
2 days later & i'm still thinking about how much fun we all had. most definitely a reoccurring event.
9 comments:
You are amazing! What a fun idea for a party! I wish there were more pics too, but you did the right thing by partying ;)
How fun. I'm pretty sure Clara's birthday parties aren't even that well planned. So our little dears can plan and you can teach me a thing or two about being more exciting. :)
Sounds like you had so much fun. I'm sad that Kate missed it. We'd love to be on the invite list next year!
20 Kids??? That's brave. I love the theme, it's spooky yet different. Glad you had a great time!
You are a brave mommy! It sounds like lots of fun!
My kids are still talking about it and you're a great mom to want to be involved in the memory rather than being on the outside taking pictures. If only we could have it both ways.
I've been behind on my blogging. Sorry. So first, congrats on the new addition coming soon! I'm so excited for you. And second, what an awesome party! I wish I could have been there. I love masquerades. You're just so awesome. Thanks for being such a great example to me;)
Grandma Jude needs more pictures...yes it was a great season for you all..am so proud that you guys get into those fun things. but it's time to hear from ya'll again!!! see you soon -- like tomorrow...love, mom
I was so happy to be there!
Post a Comment