i've been thinking about what i would like to post about after such a long absence (and to be honest...an absence that i feel has gone unnoticed).
with such a lovely christmas behind us (wonderful festivities, candy & visiting) i feel that the pictures & vibe of christmas will be covered elswhere on the www.
so let's pick up somewhere else, shall we?
what about thai food on christmas eve?
apart from the few blogs i love to read, reading books, mothering, wifing, churching, etc, i feel i'm losing a little interest in posting. where can i find it? and do any of you ever want to give up on the blogging world?
10 comments:
A few things...
1. Your absence has not been unnoticed.
2. Thai food for Christmas sounds amazing.
3. I've wanted to delete my blog many times... I go through phases; sometimes I love it, sometimes I think it's all just SO silly. But I always remember that it's a creative outlet for me, and a way to connect with friends.
4. Don't give up on the blogging world; I'd miss you too much.
Not unnoticed. I think everyone has too much to do this time of year to blog. I've had a hard time with it too. I'm loving your beautiful photos, by the way.
you've been missed. i chalked it up to the bustle of holidays.
i totally understand the blogging funk-a-dunk. i think everyone goes through it. the past couple weeks, when thinking of my blog i felt sick to my stomach, like "why bother...", like "my blog is embarrassingly silly..."
but i come back to it. i come back because it ties me to people i miss (you.) i come back because i need that outlet, albeit silly or not.
take a break if you need one. you'll be missed. but when you want to talk, i'll be hear to listen.
Oh you silly girl! It's about time you started blogging again, and you can't quit! I love your pics! I feel like we can "catch up" a little this way. Why so depressed? What's going on????
I've emailed you a couple of times asking about what you're doing (with the clothing thing), but you've never answered so I figured you were busy! :) We all get that way! Love ya girl!
Ditto all of the above posts! Even though I don't always have time to comment on my friends' blogs, I still love to read about what is going on in their lives. As for my own blogging...I blog because it's more fun/easy/inexpensive to me than scrapbooking and how else do you journal about what goes on with your life and family? So, for me, it's a journal. A very public one, however, so it's just my family journal. And who cares if it's silly or cliche or whatever?! It's not about trying to have the "best" blog! It's about a way to share a part of yourself, and, journaling is a commandment. :) By the way; it was so nice to see you last night! Take care!
thanks for the love everyone. i don't mean to be a downer. just promise me that we'll all work through the ups and downs of blogging together! Ü
happy new year to you all.
Are those Grandma Elizabeth's caramels? What a gift. Please keep posting -- I'll keep reading. Love the pictures and the goals for new year -- you've inspired me! Take care and Happy New Year!
I always like reading your blog. I love the pictures and that it is so you! Keep it up when it works for you!
You better not stop blogging because I just found you!!!
You did not go unnoticed. I checked your blog often to see if you updated but I just figured you were busy with the holidays!
I understand the different feelings about blogging. Sometimes I wonder if anyone cares about what I put on there. The truth is they probably don't compared to me. On Thanksgiving Clint was studying and I was bored so I started reading through my blog and I gained a deeper appreciation for it. It really is a journal about the family and the random things that are going on. I will continue to blog even if no one reads it! And you better do so as well!
Love you girlie!!!
Your Mom says: I LOVE your blog.
I did miss you but spoke with you often enough to be okay...Love the pics of Livvie...and everything. In my book, blogging is a great way to keep in touch with so many that you (and I) love that our busy world doesn't allow...Keep it up. Even at 65..I'm still learning new things...whoda thot I could get in and out of one of these things? (After you set it up, of course) !!
Post a Comment