5.21.2008

•••strife well lost•••

here is a very small glimpse of my mom, Judy
•••the owner & operator of the restaurant formerly known as
Hunt' s Hideaway•••
in her frequent location: arm around a favorite customer
with a big smile on her face! boy, do her customers love her!
our family restaurant of 45 years has closed our doors.
so many good customers...usually old, great employees...usually late,
and so many memories...usually nightmares that it is a fri. night & you're the only one working!
oh how i, and many others will miss it!
and to you, mom...
Spend all you have for loveliness,
Buy it and never count the cost;
For one white singing hour of peace
Count many a year of strife well lost,
And for a breath of ecstasy
Give all you have been, or could be.
I love you!

3 comments:

Lori ~ LL-K said...

That is so sweet!
What will your Mom do with all that time on her hands? I wish her all the luck in all of her new advantagers! :)

Leslie said...

Love that poem. It totally makes me think of Judy. What a nice way to honor her and her work. We will definitely miss Hunt's. :(

The Riggs Family said...

I have never eaten there, I am sure that it was wonderful, because of the recipes that you have shared with us. She should put together a cook book.
I loved the poem and wish her well.