i wonder why nobody gives a sticker to you at the end of breastfeeding like they do at the beginning.
olivia is no longer breastfeeding. this chapter of our lives together has come to an end and i am finding myself as emotional as i was when we were just starting out.
i'll miss your little hand playing with my shirt while you eat. that amazing little sound you made when you swallowed. your other little hand tucked behind my back tickling my side. and of course, i'll miss the hours upon hours of cuddle time you & i were blessed with.
why am i the only one that feels sad about this? olivia's already moved on with her life. you'd think i'd be ready, too. i can sleep on my belly now! i can finally wear a dress out! i won't have to wear a bra to bed!! and oh so many other exciting things to look forward to. but somehow i realize that i'd much rather be feeling her little hands on my back and hearing her sweet little noises that only i could create. she's moved on to her next stage and she'll never really know what it has meant to me.
...until she becomes a mother.
12 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way when I weaned my daughter off nursing when she turned one. She was fine, but me... not so much. What a blessing nursing is! I can't believe so many moms choose not to do it when they can. Your little Olivia is just so precious;)
I felt the same way... Its hard to give up that special time with your baby. Moments like that you will never forget!
So sweet! I wasn't good at nursing, just couldn't get enough milk production. But I love hearing stories of moms who have beautiful experiences!
That's really sweet, Sheri. It's only the beginning though. I've found that each new phase and ending brings all of the feelings that you described. And it is true...they never will know what it meant until they are a parent too. So beautifully said. :)
1st off let me tell you that your music on your blog is my all time favorite! It reminds me of my childhood - all folksy and such!!
2nd don't worry about the bond you are losing think of the new bonds you will be creating as she becomes more and more fun and mobil! I promise it gets better! but........I never breast fed so maybe you shouldn't be listening to me (wink) Ü♥Ü
Wow, that was so sweet, it almost made me think I LIKE to breastfeed too! Nope, still don't. ;)
How sweet this is, I remember all those same feelings... You are such a wonderful mom and I know that you will find ways to have that special bonding time. She will love to read these words someday Sherri.
when annette had ethan steve asked if it made me baby hungry all over again. of course the answer was a resounding NO!!! but the two things i was reminded of that i had loved and dearly missed, were being able to kiss on those beautiful newborn lips and breastfeeding. there is something sublimely powerful in the knowldedge that you are the only one that can bring calm to the chaos of a newborns world. it is sad when that reign ends.
that's why you have more babies!!! :)
I am with you on this. London tried to stop at 7 month and I pushed it to 9 months. I was soooooo sad when I finally said, "okay she is done". She shed no tears and I was a ball baby for at least 2 months. It was "our" time and I missed it so much. I hope that this little guy will go a whole year. I guess you just need to have another one :)
Thank you for the good little misty eyes on a Saturday night.. just what I needed. I am going to miss it.. I look forward to having my chest to myself after months of nursing, but I do love being able to snatch my baby from anyone in the room just to "feed her". Lovely.
Sher bear it makes a mom so proud to have her daughter turn out to be such a wonderful mom. Way to go Sher. Love that baby girl.
I love what you wrote. I never knew how much I missed nursing. It has been over 3 years since I last breast fed one of my babies and I am sitting here nearly crying because you articulated my feelings exactly! What a special time. Thanks for writing what you did so that I could remember!
Post a Comment