7.23.2008

•••the yucky 1990's•••

so what do i do if there's nothing exciting to blog about?
should i post some old pictures, write a story to entertain, or maybe pull out an old journal entry?!!
ok... i'll do that so those of you who actually read blogs, instead of just look at the pictures, can really see what a dork i was in high school. please excuse the grammatical & simple spelling errors. and i don't know what i was doing with all the exclamation points!!!
20 aug, 1991
well, we go back to school tomorow! i'm so excited! betsy's back! i haven't seen her yet! she's going to go to home school! i'm so mad at her! i want her to go to school with me! she might just go to school for tomorow but she doesn't know! i hope she does! we started v-ball practice yesterday. it was pretty fun! i'm excited for it. we should be pretty good! there is a green & gold scrimage fri. & a dance afterwards! betsy's going to go to that with me! well, i guess i still like (name removed, of course). i don't know though. i kissed him last night but nothing special though! well i did ok singing in church on sun. i almost started to cry though! it was embarrasing. oh well! well better go--
sheri
what about that for journal keeping? i even have all the old boyfriends covered. my kids are gonna have some great reading ahead of them.
thanks leslie, for the trip down 1990's memory lane last night! what a yucky decade to have lived in.
what are some of your 1990's memories?

7 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

Ahhh! How fun that you kept your journal! I threw mine away!!! I didn't want anyone reading it! So do you ever talk to good ol' Betsy Burden? I wonder where she is? I have some good memories of her too! I remember when she spent the night one time in our old cabin with me and Kayrena Rohrer! Memories! I want to know who the guy was..... Come on Sheri.... :) Ha Ha Where are the pictures to go with the journal entry?

smilingsarahbear said...

I love this post! It made me almost want to go back and read my old journals... ALMOST. And I remember whenever I heard you sing in church just loving your voice. It's so beautiful. I always looked up to you- you were definitely one of my role models growing up!

Chamberlain family said...

Hey what's up? So check my blog out if you want. I'm still new at this but it's fun to show off the boys. Kathy.

Anonymous said...

ok, so what grade were you in and how old? i suddenly feel my age! by august 1991 caitlin was fast approaching toddlerhood and i was just getting over bouts of morning sickness with the nugget that would become connor. i love that over time the age thing changes from an age gap to just a difference in age, and that the actual number becomes irelevent. i love that we get to share our lifes experiences together with the laurels. you're great!

sarah said...

that was awesome. "i kissed some guy but it was nothing special..." so funny.

you really liked the exclamation points. :)

Anonymous said...

i love that you left olivia's 2 cents worth on your comment. good to see you're keepin' it real!!! :)

sheri rog said...

sarah...wasn't i so romantic?

sharon...i thought it might be funny to leave what olivia had so desperately wanted to say. Ü