7.30.2008

•••thank you SPF 50•••

surrounded by teenagers in skinny bikinis & scared to death of the sun...overall we had a great time at SunSplash today.

...then we didn't for a while.

...and then we did again.


we also spent a lot of the day in awe of the courageous staff of 14 year olds parading as lifegaurds. (although, we were secretly questioning our safety in the water, had we needed one)
i'm sure this kid would have been just fine if he had to pull out & revive a 200 lb. man.
school starts next week, kid. are you ready?
thanks, SunSplash for a fun, & i need to add...safe...day!

11 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

Ha! Thats great! Love the cute pics in the water! I agree about the life guards! It's the same her at the good 'ol Show Low pool! I had to jump in once with all my clothes on cause the life guards were too busy talking to each other!

sarah said...

oh, that's hilarious. love the series of happy/sad/happy.

Jenifer said...

I always crack up at the life guards there too. I swear they are there for decoration. I don't think they are 14, by the way, they couldn't be older than 11.

Leslie said...

I wish we would have known you were going...we could have met up. Funny post! That lifeguard has some biceps...he could totally man-handle.

Lori ~ LL-K said...

How fun! Ok. LOL about the lifeguard!

Brad and Julianne Heaps said...

Your daughter is so stinkin cute! We had an incident where said (youngish) life guards helped John. They had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and gave him a lollipop -- why on earth they did that, I don't know. It was like rewarding the kid for nearly drowning. I was surprised he didn't try and do it again for another sucker! Oh well, at least he was safe.

gentry's said...

GOSH she is so darn cute. David and i are coming home in less than 3 weeks. we are PUMPED!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Riggs Family said...

How fun, I haven't been to Sun splash for quite some time. Dang the life gaurd looks so young...
The pictures are great, how sweet she is!

Anonymous said...

i love that how you surreptitiously captured the bikini clad girl in the background so that we could all self-righteously dislike her as we sit and consider that had we not been so busy multiplying and replenishing we too could still have such a body to bikini clad if we so chose...which,of course, we self-righteously would not do!

sheri rog said...

sharon, i TOLD you we were surrounded by skinny bikinis!