8.28.2008

•••any pie tonight?•••



talking with little old ladies on the phone about our family cookbooks has brought back so many memories from the restaurant. "you need to speak up" & "what did you say?" were often heard while working with these little old folks. they also seemed to have a sense of urgency that i didn't understand. i mean, does it really put your day off, grandma, if your eggs came out 1 or 2 minutes late? nonetheless, i do miss them. i miss their loyalty. i miss their sense of humor. and i miss our amazing "hunt's hideaway" family of customers.


...old & young.

{thanks, sarah for the amazing photos of our last days. and thank you, angela for the beautiful printing of our cookbook.}

6 comments:

sarah said...

so are the cookbooks printed? i want to buy one...

oh, the pie.... ummmm...

Andrea said...

I have the recipes, but I still want a cookbook!
haha... seriously, what more do they have to do than wait for their eggs!?

Leslie said...

Do I get a cookbook? Also, a cook. I'd like a cook.

Lori ~ LL-K said...

yum pie!! I can't want until you teach the pie class for RS. I know I always say this but I really enjoy all your pictures. What wonderful memories!!

angela hardison said...

I need to get me one of those cookbooks. And then make myself a Chicken Philly sandwich and cry because it will never be as good..

I think one of my favorite (hilarious) memories of a Hunt's customer was when I first started working there in 8th grade or something, and I was wearing a lame shirt that said 'Guess' (the brand) across the chest...an old man said, "What am I supposed to do? Guess the size of those things?". Needless to say, I was slightly traumatized.

Pace & Gwen said...

Dude, I totally drove around Lubbock for almost AN HOUR looking for a bakery because, yes, I was craving APPLE PIE the other night. I ended up settling for peach at the local supermarket. Not the same, but with Blue Bell ice cream it did fix the problem. :) I miss your restaurant too!