wasn't general conference so wonderful? as expected, it left me longing to be a better wife, mother, neighbor, friend, & member of the church.
conference today was coupled with my longing to comfort a sick baby. i found her & i in a familiar position. arms around eachother. in & out of sleep. a little bit of crying, mixed with a little bit of giggling. there's no other place i would rather have been listening to these beautiful words by such sweet men & women than the comfort of our little home, cuddling with livie & having my husband right there, guiltily snoozing next to us. (it is hard to stay awake in the afternoon session though, isn't it?)
"it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" was quoted today. and sitting there, trying to take away my little livie's pain, but simultaneously being uplifted & edified...i knew exactly what that meant.
here's to tomorrow! where i become a better wife, mother, neighbor, friend, & member of the church.
actually, why wait til tomorrow? i'll start right now!
5 comments:
I hope livie is feeling better today. I felt so bad for both of you last night.
You have such sweet posts and this was definitely one of them;) And yes, the afternoon session is always hard to stay awake for. Hope your baby is doing ok. Having a sick baby is no fun at all and just pulls on the momma's heart strings. You're such a great person already btw!
blake told me that livie was sick when i talked to him last night i hope everything is brighter and more healthy today.
Sheri...Your family is so cute! Olivia is beautiful..just like her mommy. It has been so fun to see what you have been up to. You look so happy. It was great to see pics of your mom. It has been forever since I have seen her. I'm so sad her resturant closed...I loved that place! Anyways, keep in touch okay?
Amen, sister. :) I had to chuckle about the phrase it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. soooo true, especially when you're fighting to teach manners and good behavior to a two year old... I sometimes feel I'm loosing that fight... Never give up!
Post a Comment